Monday, July 19, 2010

PU2: Back at home

Time for another personal update.  I am officially back home from California and it's pretty hot here.  Personally, I don't really mind it too much but the humidity is quite awful I must admit.  In any case, some last things about San Francisco and California.  Unlike my last meal in Hong Kong, which was at Pizza Hut if you don't remember, my last meal in California was at the Cheescake Factory.  An interesting note, there are no Cheescake Factories in the state I live in.  I did not take any pictures of my meal but I did take a picture of the slice of cheescake I ate.  For your information it is white chocolate caramel macadamia nut. 


In case you're wondering, that single slice is 1280 calories and cost over $7, truly frightening.  However, cost-wise I saw much scarier things during my stay.  In Chinatown I went to a place that sells herbs and I think these prices might be a "little" off.








Now, I'm not quite sure what cordyceps are, but if they're worth $9600/lb they must be insanely rare or insanely good for you.  Saddest thing is I saw something at a different store worth $18000/lb, some sort of Chinese ginseng or something like that.  Anyways, now that I'm back home, expect more pictures from here and since I only have 1 or 2 more sets of anime left, expect more randomness and less anime soon.  There'll be even more pictures when I feel like putting them up so enjoy.  Also, there will not be a WD this week because I don't feel like it.

--CsMiREK

No comments: