Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer2010 First Episode Review: Highschool of the Dead and WD5

Highschool of the Dead
rating: zombies/10

So, if you couldn't get the hint from the picture and my rating, Highschool of the Dead is an anime about zombies.  There really isn't much more to say than that.  For a serious rating, I would probably give a 7 or 7.5 since the animation is really quite good.  Other than that, expect standard fare in terms of plot when dealing with zombie outbreaks.  Oh and expect boobs, the manga this anime was based off of is heavy on the boobs, as you can see from this picture from the OP.
Checklist: Girl with large boobs who uses a katana, check.  Zombies, check.  Genius girl, check.  Fat guy who knows about guns, check.  Guy and girl with some sort of childhood relation, check.  Well, that's pretty much everything you could hope for right?  Anyways, I have read what's out of the manga for this and I can say, it will get better even if this first episode seemed a bit on the mediocre side so yes, I will be watching this one too, what's that now...4 or 5 anime this season?  Well, enough of that, time for Weekly Discovery.

This week's Weekly Discovery is Kishida Kyoudan since they are the ones who did the OP to Highschool of the Dead.  Kishida Kyoudan is another doujin group, this time straight rock, who started with Touhou, a game, music remixes and arrangements.  The main vocalist is named ichigo and well, their sound is very distinctive.  When I heard the OP to Highschool of the Dead, I looked for a total of...2 minutes and found the right artist sitting pretty in my music library.  Here is a youtube link to the Highschool of the Dead OP and here's one for my crossfade of some of their other tracks.  Oh, you will also notice that a lot of places will list this artist as Kishida Kyoudan and the Akeboshi Rockets, but I really don't care that much and I'm too lazy to fix my music tags anymore.  I hope you enjoy and there is more anime to cover in the upcoming days.

--CsMiREK

No comments: