Thursday, June 17, 2010

Double posting, endless ranting

Well, I feel a bit bored, so here's another post.  Given my writing style, it must seem like I like to rant a lot, and I do.  Therefore, it should be quite obvious that I should have posts devoted solely to ranting about pointless things.  Thus my motivation for this post.  So the question to be answered is: "what will I rant about?"  Will it be ranting about ranting as this seems to be...perhaps that might be fun.  Ranting about ranting it is.  As you can tell, I don't think particularly hard while writing these posts, maybe because I like typing exactly what my mind is thinking; I'm not really sure.  So onto ranting about ranting.
My personal belief is that the media likes to rant incessantly about things that while they should be ranting about, are blown quite out of proportions.  I don't understand how people like Glenn Beck, who are pretty much talking balls of ego, become popular and make it on the air.  Even sadder is that the second thing that pops up after typing the letters "gl" into google is Glenn Beck, right after glee apparently.  Now I have listened to Glenn Beck talk and my reaction is that he is really annoying.  Words said strongly are not equivalent to powerful words.  On another, slightly unrelated note, I would like to say that I am pro-choice because well...it's easy to say that you are pro-life when you don't have anything to lose from it.  Since this is a touchy subject to some people I will merely say this: with life comes death.  My thoughts are that those who seriously wish to go through with an abortion will and that this debate is a pointless waste of people's efforts as they push beliefs that are rather trivial in a day to day sense onto others.  Anyways, back to media over-ranting.  I'd like to say that cookie monster has not betrayed his creed and life's work.  However, I'd be lying if I said that I believe that.  Although with a bit of looking around, it's pretty clear that the media definitely blew his eating of vegetables out of proportion.  I am a bit sad about that but this media explosion has proved to be pretty funny.  As long as I know that cookie monster hasn't abandoned himself, I think the generation I'm a part of will be ok.  Anyways, some interesting depictions of cookie monster are good for you, the first two are really unrelated but quite funny:  here, here, here, and here.  I'm happy that cookie monster is trying to teach moderation but am sad from his almost seeming betrayal.  Anyways, I think I've got everything I wanted to say out so I'm done for the day.  Next post is my first spring 2010 review, or it should be at least.

--CsMiREK

1 comment:

Alb said...

This is a most random post filled with random tangents. I'm also disturbed by Cookie Monster now.