Friday, June 11, 2010

The internet is an odd place

Well, I bet no one expects a post within 2 hours of the prior post, but this just caught me a bit off guard.  So, if you've never been to this blog, I recently changed the template, if you have been here you've probably noticed already.  In any case, before I didn't have the top bar but I was feeling bored and lazy so it's there for now.  In any case I was clicking the "next blog" link at the top and came across the oddest coincidence and following revelation: Google hosts a LOT of non-English blogs and I mean that.  It took me 18 blogs to grind to a halt, the 18th blog did not have a "next blog" link at the top so I was forced to end my journey there.  Interestingly enough, most of the blogs are Spanish from what I could gather.  Now the question I pose is this: how many non-English blogs does Google host?  Furthermore, how exactly does the "next blog" link work so that by some odd coincidence I travel 18 non-English blogs before hitting a stopping block?  This was an unexpected post and next post will be less random, I think.

-note: there also seem to be a lot of perhaps German or Swedish blogs, I can't really tell.
 also, apparently once you hit one non-English blog, you seem to only hit more of them, very strange

--CsMiREK

No comments: