Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekly Discovery: week 2 pt2

Here is the second post of the day on the group MiddleIsland.  To my understanding they started as a piano group and added vocals along with other instruments later on.  The vocals tend to change from track to track since they, like many other doujin groups barring Asriel, collaborate with each other to make their albums.  That said, the main vocalist has an incredibly "powerful" voice and is pretty distinct, especially in conjunction with the background music.  In addition, they make incredibly heavy use of guitar but also don't shy away from instrumental tracks full of powerful string sound.  While perhaps not rated quite as high as Asriel and Rokugen Alice in my books, they are without a doubt an interesting group that at least deserves a listening.  With that I will give you my crossfade made from 8 different tracks of theirs from multiple albums.  As I'm still getting used to crossfading and all that, it's not all too great, but at least it's longer than the last one.  Next up is likely going to be a mid-anime review of Kaicho wa Maid Sama or some sort of rant.

MiddleIsland-xFade

This is their site with crossfades of most of their albums: http://www.middleisland.net/
Note: While I don't endorse illegal downloading in general since having CDs is nice, these tracks are pretty difficult to find/get so if you want me to "direct" you, send an email or whatnot and I "might" place you in the right direction.

--CsMiREK

No comments: