Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekly Discovery: week 3

So, it's been a month since I started this blog and if I'm correct there are probably only 10 or so people who actually read it.  I would be lying if I said I don't want more people reading but I do realize that the internet is a very, very large place and there is an astronomically low percent chance of this blog ever becoming widespread.  In any case, this particular post is on the next artist of the doujin gothic scene from Japan, Asriel.  Asriel is a duo consisting of Kurose K who is the composer and does some of the backgrounds while Kokomi is the vocalist.  Out of the three I'm talking about, Asriel is likely the most well known due to them having done the OP to the anime Monochrome Factor and the ED to the anime 11eyes.  While this is true, I won't say that they are the best out of the three since that's up to you to choose.  Regardless of that, here's a crossfade from 18 different tracks.

Asriel - xfade

I apologize for the sound quality as some of the tracks were quieter than others, when I tried to amplify some of the tracks I accidentally caused some clipping and caused some problems.  A word of warning, Kokomi's vocals are really strange.  They fit really well with the type of music but tend to be oddly pitched and quite on the really sharp and high side.  That said, enjoy the crossfade and look forward to the last in this group, Rokugen Alice next week.  Also, here is their website: http://asriel.jp/  Next post is a mid anime review of the soccer anime, Giant Killing.

--CsMiREK

No comments: