Friday, June 11, 2010

FMA - The end

To those of you who think I mistyped FML, you're wrong, now get out of here.  I am actually spending this post to cover the last manga chapter of the manga/anime legend, Fullmetal Alchemist.  At over 100 pages long, this is potentially the longest single chapter of any manga I have ever read, and I have read many.  To those of you who were waiting until the manga finished, here it is and it was a glorious ride with lots of action and amazing artwork.  Now, to those who have never heard or never bothered to read this manga, now that it's complete I encourage you to go ahead and read it as there are not many mangas or animes that even stand in the same place as Fullmetal Alchemist.  The second anime version of it Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is slated to end with its 64th episode sometime at the beginning of July, just in time for new anime to fill its place.  While I am sad that this manga is over, there will always be more out there and many other amazing titles.  At some other time I will cover some of those that I have personally seen and my thoughts on them.
However, this post is for Fullmetal Alchemist and not those other animes.  Since some of you probably have never read this manga or have not yet read the ending, I will not spoil it.  However I will say that it was a good ending and was in no way rushed or designed in a way to give lingering feelings.  For that I say my thanks to the author for not disappointing me with a bad ending to an otherwise amazing manga.  I will be covering the basics of manga/anime very soon along with some personal reviews of anime I am currently watching.  Stay tuned for that, but next post is not anime related.

--CsMiREK

No comments: