Thursday, June 24, 2010

PP, FfT, PoI, or ToI?

So, here's another post because I like getting things off my chest all at once?  Regardless, along with WDs and pointless rantings, I'd like to have some more variety to the types of posts I have and thus I have been pondering the name of the new section.  Do I go with "Personal Points" (PP), "Food for Thought" (FfT), "Points of Interest" (PoI), or "Things of Interest" (ToI)?
I suppose I should give some reasons for each one now.  PP reminds me of pokemon for reasons quite obvious as well as Microsoft PowerPoint, both things are quite good I suppose.  FfT reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics, a good game to be sure, but also Fast-Fourier Transform of which I do not have fond memories, enough so that I won't even give a link to explain it.  In addition, food for thought is a cheat in the original Starcraft but is often a phrase used much too often.  PoI looks...pretty bad but isn't a bad title as long as I don't shorten it.  ToI reminds me of "Tales of Interest", something seen from the American cartoon, Futurama.  This is a good place to be, however I'm still unsure of which to use.  To that end, I will think it over and if you feel inclined to, leave a comment or email and help me decide or help me come up with something I didn't think of at all.
Anyways, onto the actual post since well...that was just a jumble of words without a real meaning.  As you'll soon find out, I periodically scour through the Yahoo! odd news and some other news sites for really random and enlightening things.  However, for this I'd like to share an article from BBC about grumpiness.  I really hope you clicked the link as the rest of this post relies on it.  No matter whether you think my writing is good or bad, you should know that I am usually on the grumpy end of the spectrum.  For what reason is hard to explain but I feel that this article is a pretty interesting and thought provoking thing.  To all you happy-go-lucky, optimistic, sunny day type people, you're not thinking clearly.  Stop being so happy, it's not useful.  Perhaps that's a bit harsh but personally people who're too happy really...irk me.  Anyways, that's all for this post and look forward to more really strange articles in the future.

--CsMiREK

No comments: